“Treat yourself to endless eye looks and create your new Christmas beauty tradition.” -Jerrod Blandino
TOO FACED Joy to the Girls Christmas Collection for 2013 is a large collection this year filled with lots of face and eye palettes and gift sets perfect for giving or receiving! Today I’m sharing with you the heart of the collection, the Joy to the Girls eyeshadow palette, a collection of 15 easy to wear shadows that will have you singing “Joy to the Girls” all winter long!
The Joy to the Girls palette packaging is gorgeous! It is shaped like a book in mint green with soft gold accents.
Joy to the Girls contains 15 eye shadows and one mascara.
The packaging was designed by Celebrity Decorator Mary McDonald.
This palette is thicker and more book-like compared to the A Few of My Favorites Things palette, also in this collection.
Inside the palette Too Faced includes suggested combinations to take you from a soft weekday look to party time!
Joy to the Girls contains a good mix of finishes in neutral and soft shades – 5 matte, 3 matte with glitter, 4 shimmer, 2 satin with glitter and 1 satin.
- Cookie Dough (matte) is a pigmented warm medium brown shade
- Cheers! (shimmer) is a shimmery metallic neutral with hint of rose gold
- Prancer (shimmer) is a yellow gold with chunkier glitter
- Sugar Plum (satin with glitter) is a plummy purple with silver sparkles.
- Mulberry (matte) is a medium mauve/taupe.
- Snow Angel (matte) is a soft white.
- Powdered Sugar (matte) is an off-white with hint of beige.
- Too-Too (matte with glitter) is a pale pink with silver sparkles.
- Yule Log (matte with glitter) is a dark chocolate brown with bronze sparkles.
- Chestnut (satin) is a warm dark brown with a hint of sparkle.
- Twinkle (shimmer) is a rich antique gold.
- Joy (shimmer) is an icy pale blue.
- Spike the Punch (matte with glitter) is a warm pale peachy-pink with sparkle.
- Chimney (satin with glitter) is a dark charcoal with silver sparkle.
- Coal (matte) is a matte black
Also included is a full size lashGASM Mascara
THE JOY TO THE GIRLS eye shadow palette contains a good mix of finishes, with many of them matte, in staple shades as well as a few muted colors. Each of the shades included are unique to this palette. The overall feel of the palette is quite tame, so if you are a fan of every day shadows, you will want to take a look at this one. The shimmery eye shadows have excellent color payoff and the formula is consistent, slightly buttery and smooth with a little fallout (some more than others) to be expected. Prancer has quite a bit of chunky glitter, and the base color is not as intense as the other shimmery eye shadows. With the exception of one, the matte shades are pigmented, smooth, and easy to work with. (Powdered Sugar is very lightly pigmented and not as silky.) The matte shadows with glitter are surprisingly pigmented, and when used with a primer and applied with care the fallout is minimal. There are a few shades that have a satin finish, in particular Chestnut has a little sheen so I’m not categorizing it as a matte shade. This shade is quite rich and pigmented and easy to work with. Sugar Plum and Chimney have a satin base to the shadow but with the addition of glitter, so a little more care needs to be taken when working with these, but the payoff is beautiful.
LASHGASM MASCARA is a lengthening mascara with a thin brush and lots of bristles that coat every lash. Although my heart belongs to volumizing mascara formulas, I like that this mascara doesn’t weigh down my hard-to-curl lashes and separates them. They also do feel conditioned and not hard or crispy. I am going to experiment with using this mascara as a base for my current mascara love – Too Faced Better Than Sex (review coming up soon!).
Liked this post? Share it with friend!