A Few of My Favorite Things
TOO FACED has introduced their Joy to the Girls Christmas Collection for 2013, and the star of the show is definitely the Sephora exclusive A Few of My Favorite Things face palette. This palette is filled with everything I dream of during the holidays – Tinsel, lots of chocolate, and of course everyone’s favorite – cue the music now – “Raindrops on Roses, and Whiskers on Kittens…” Can I just say someone’s had the Sound of Music soundtrack stuck in her head for days now?! Today I’m sharing photos, swatches and full review of this gorgeous complete Holiday-in-a-palette!
A Few of My Favorite Things includes the face palette, Lip Injection, Better Than Sex Mascara mini and a chic zip chevron bag.
The Front of the palette has a beautiful pink and reflective gold chevron design.
The patterns in the Joy to the Girls Christmas Collection were designed by Celebrity Decorator Mary McDonald.
The inside of the palette contains eyeshadows on the top and blushes and bronzers on the bottom. This collection includes hand-picked eyes, face, cheek and lip favorites from Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino.
The How-To Glamour Guide includes Weekday, Weekend and Pretty Playful looks.
The palette is thin and lightweight.
The Eye Shadows
The palette contains twenty eye shadows with a mix of of finishes in shimmery, matte, and matte with glitter. I really love the variety!
- Snowflakes is a cream color with high shimmer. It is soft and buttery, but it also has quite a bit of fallout. I wore this on my lids with a primer and had some glitter fallout throughout the day.
- Whiskers on Kittens is a soft pale pink matte shade with quite a bit of fine gold glitter. When using a primer I do not get much fallout from the glitter at all.
- Chocolate Milk is a matte brown and a similar shade to the Chocolate Soleil bronzer but with more pigment (and as far as I can tell it does not smell like chocolate). This shade performs beautifully as a blending color in the crease.
- Moon on Their Wings is another high shimmer shadow that applies smooth and buttery, but does come with fallout. The shade is a beautiful pale beige. This shade, along with Snowflakes are the worst fallout offenders in this palette.
- Dark Chocolate is a matte dark brown shade that is beautiful in the outer crease or used as a liner.
- Cream Colored Ponies is a matte cream color that looks a little chalky when swatched, but blends out as a matte highlight well.
- Honey Honey is a high shimmer, beautiful golden honey color. I did not get any fallout with this one. It is definitely a beautiful gold for the holidays!
- Buche de Noel is a deep antique bronze shimmer that reminds me a lot of Snakebite from Urban Decay’s Naked 2 palette. This is at the top of my favorite shades – I love the shimmer, I do not experience fallout and it is a dream to apply.
- Evergreen is an earthy green shimmer with slight iridescence. It is absolutely gorgeous! This applied beautifully, again with no fallout.
- Blue Satin Sashes is a matte dark blue/teal shade with fine golden glitter. This performs well on the lids over a base or primer and I just love the color – it is so unique!
- Coquet is an iridescent pale gold shimmer that appears pink in the pan. This is one of the more unique shades in this palette and I love how it performs (creamy, no fallout). I wore this on the lids, with Chocolate Milk and it was perfection!
- Taffy is a pale pink that appears to be a matte in the pan, but it is a surprising satin when swatched and applied to the lid. I still love to use this to blend out the crease color and as a highlight because it isn’t too shimmery and it isn’t chalky at all!
- Crisp Apple Strudel is a warm nutty brown shimmer shade that is also nearing my top picks from the palette. Creamy and smooth to apply with no fallout, this one coordinates so well with so many shades in this palette – I think I may hit pan on this one first!
- Woolen Mittens is a medium-toned warm matte brown. It blends very well, and works beautifully in the crease.
- Soirée is a matte burgundy shade with burgundy and gold fine glitter.
- Tinsel is a unique soft cool gold shade. It is another one of the high shimmer shadows that is creamy to apply but I did not experience fallout.
- Bluff is a shimmery metallic cool purple shade. It is not as opaque as some of the other shimmers in the palette, but builds up beautifully.
- Ooh la Orchid is a very vibrant purple matte shade in the pan but once swatched it less vibrant. I think this would work best blended into the crease, but it would take quite a bit of effort to build it up on the lids.
- Party Time is a midnight blue sparkle that looks super intense in the pan, but once swatched, the base of the shadow seems to disappear, and you have a beautiful iridescent shimmery shadow (not really glittery). It isn’t an eye shadow I would intend to use on its own, but it is beautiful topped on a dark eye base. To get the most vibrancy on the lids, it is also best to apply this one with a damp brush because the brush doesn’t pick up much of the product when it is dry.
- Pure Glam is a rich matte black shade (that was one swipe!) with silver/black glitter.
The Blushes and Bronzers
The palette contains two blushes and two bronzers. Included is the best-selling Chocolate Soleil Bronzer which was ingenious to include – it makes the entire palette smell of chocolate when you open it up. Now that is one sweet holiday treat!
- Raindrops on Roses is a satin finish cool pink blush with golden glitter. Once on the cheeks the glitter is not overwhelming, and blends out well, but I still take care to not apply it near large pores and wrinkles. It does give a beautiful finish on the cheeks and a very natural flush.
- Melt Into Spring is a vibrant mid toned peach shade that is very pigmented (the swatch above is a heavy one). It has a matte finish that blends well into the skin and does not look powdery. I love the bright pop of coral I get on my cheeks with this one!
- Chocolate Soleil bronzer is a beautiful brown toned bronzer (slightly warm but not orange). The finish is matte and it blends beautifully into the skin. I am in love with the chocolate scent! This is in the permanent collection.
- Sun Bunny bronzer is also in the permanent collection and it is a mix of two shimmery bronzers. The top (darker) of the two has much more sheen than the lighter half. Both shades leave a noticeable sheen on the cheeks/face when applied.
Lips & Lashes
Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb! in Bee Sting (exclusive)
Bee Sting Swatched
Bee Sting on the Lips
BEE STING is a beautiful pale pink creamy nude shade that looks natural (no shimmer or glitter). It can be built up enough to lighten my natural lip color. It has a similar scent to the Too Faced Lip Injection gloss but the plumping feeling on the lips is about 2/3 less as intense. When wearing it I can feel the tingle sometimes, and other times I do not. If I do feel it tingle it does not last for long. I love the soft and moisturizing feeling this leaves on my lips. I find it lasts around 2-3 hours for me without eating or drinking. When wearing it beyond that if I have built up the color much I do find it can build up in the inner corners of my mouth, so using a lighter hand with this (or possibly applying this over a lip liner) would extend the wear some. Overall the shade is a gorgeous compliment to this palette and I love the feeling on the lips so I think it is perfect!
BETTER THAN SEX Mascara in a deluxe size is also included with this set. This is my first time using this mascara and WOW. Yes, I love it and YES I will be doing a separate review of this. I am so happy they included this mascara with this collection!
This entire set comes inside this cute metallic gold and pink chevron zip clutch. Everything fits perfectly inside for easy travel.
Liked this post? Share it with friend!