I’ve come across a few displays lately of Revlon Nail Art Stencils over the last few months and so I thought I would give a couple a try. I have to say that with my bungling ability for nail art, these are right up my alley! They are easy to work with, and I was so surprised at how clean and professional they looked. Here are some manis I have done with them recently.
Products Used: Butter London Pink Ribbon – 3 coats. Revlon Nail Art Stencils, “Bows”. OPI Alpine Snow for bows. Topcoat, Seche Vite
Products Used: 2 coats of Loreal Broadway Boogie on nails. Revlon Nail Art Stencils “Mustaches”, OPI Lincoln Park After Dark for mustaches. Sally Hansen Salon effects “All Laced Up” on alternating nails. Topped all with Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat by Butter London
Product Packaging: Mustaches & Bows
I’ve seen quite a few different Revlon Nail Art Stencil collections like these most recently in my local drugstores, as well as more seasonal (Halloween and then Christmas), as well as the limited edition Shanghai Collection from Gucci Westman . I’d love to hear if you have tried any of these stencils and what you think of them! I think they are fabulous!
VR Application Tips
- Be sure your base manicure is fully dry before attempting to place the adhesive stencil on it (the adhesive is sticky, but not too sticky, so it will not mess up your manicure if it is fully dry.)
- I worked nail by nail so that I could be sure that all edges were fully pressed down around the stencil so I could immediately go back in with the polish, swipe it on, wait a few seconds, then peel it off. There was a learning curve in figuring out how much polish to load on the brush that would allow for even and full coverage. It may take some practice.
- Don’t be in a rush to add a top coat and wait patiently until it is dry – especially if the polish ends up being rather thick where you stenciled it.
- I would recommend using a fairly opaque polish so you do not have to go back in for another coat
- I attempted to reuse the stencils, but sometimes the polish would get just under the edge and so it would not fully stick to my nail again, causing the edge to not be as crisp. You may have better luck than I though!
Where to Buy: I’ve seen these in my local drugstores for around $4 per package, and each come in a set of 10.
Disclosure: I purchased this product. For more details on VR’s product review policy, please see our Terms&Conditions page.