Autumn has officially arrived, so let’s take a look at the perfect fall palette courtesy of PANTONE.Affiliate Links
We’ve officially made it to autumn folks! Leaving behind the hot and fun loving colors of the summer we are now transitioning into the warm, natural and earthy tones that communicate the crisp autumn air, crunching into a ripe juicy apple and slipping into our favorite worn sweatshirt or cozy flannel – can you tell I’m excited? The Fall 2015 Color Palette from Pantone is an “evolving color landscape” that is fun, bold, natural and Pantone’s first unisex color collection. To celebrate the first day of autumn let’s take a look at the 10 shades from Pantone’s color palette for this season and pair it with 10 nail polishes perfect for fall.
- Dried Herb – PANTONE 17-0627 is a an olive green shade that has been commonly known as safari or military, but has transitioned into a color that is completely chic. For this color inspiration I’ve chosen essie armed and ready.
- Desert Sage – PANTONE 16-0110 is a calm green/gray and a perfect neutral for the season. I’ve chosen ButterLondon Sloane Ranger for its olive cream tones with silver shimmer to convey this timeless shade.
- Stormy Weather – PANTONE 18-4214 is a cool slate blue that reminds me of gloomy fall skies toward the end of the season just before winter makes her entrance. Dior Junon seems to capture this in the perfect deep blue gray shade.
- Oak Buff – PANTONE 16-1144 is a golden yellow that is warm and comforting. Not a shade easily worn by myself in particular, I like the idea of wearing it on the nails as a fun fall accent. This shade is definitely few and far between but LVX Citrine appears to be a good match.
- Marsala – PANTONE 18-1438 is the color of the year, and of course it fits into the fall color palette to perfection. Described as a rich winey red-brown, I am drawn to the deeper tones of marsala for nails so I chose Zoya Pepper to convey this beautiful fall shade.
- Biscay Bay – PANTONE 18-4726 is a rich teal that is a perfect mix of blue and green. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Combustealable is the perfect pick for this rich fall color!
- Reflecting Pond – PANTONE 19-4326 is a deep and cooling blue so I went with essie the perfect cover up for her rich color and creamy finish.
- Cadmium Orange – PANTONE 15-1340 is the drama queen of the bunch. Taking us back to the 60s and 70s this shade makes an entrance, so choosing OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked is a fun and dramatic choice.
- Cashmere Rose – PANTONE 16-2215 is a soft pink with hints of mauve. Although pink can be ultra feminine, this shade is “more upscale than downtown”. Zoya’s Brigitte is a perfect mix of mauve and pink that is especially cozy as a fall neutral.
- Amethyst Orchid – PANTONE 17-3628 is a vibrant purple that is described as “unique, bold, creative and exciting”. This was probably the hardest to choose because of the wide variety of purples out there, but I’m going with OPI Do You Lilac It? as the crowning jewel in this color collection.
Are you feeling as inspired as I am with PANTONE’s Fall 2015 Colors? What are you most excited about during this season? Be sure to let me know your top picks for nail polish colors that take inspiration from the PANTONE top 10 picks!
Shop The Post
Like this post? Share it with a friend!
More on VanityRouge
It’s a Go For Lips with Zoya The Perfect LipstickJanuary 13, 2017
The Third Time is Pure Charm for the Zoya Naturel 3 Nail Polish and Lip Color CollectionJanuary 6, 2017
Oh That December Feeling – POPSUGAR Must Have BoxJanuary 5, 2017
Last-Minute Gifts from SEPHORA Collection Holiday 2016December 21, 2016
FTC Disclosure: Products featured on VanityRouge may be sent by the brand or PR for consideration as well as products purchased by VanityRouge. Shopping links in this post are provided for your convenience, and some links may be affiliate links. For more details on our product review policy and affiliate link information, please see our Terms & Conditions page.
Liked this post? Share it with friend!