My Friday Favorite – even if it is just a mini!
Happy Friday everyone! I’ve made mention of It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye on VanityRouge a couple of times, yet I haven’t done a special post about it. This won’t be a full review (I need to purchase a full size yet – I know, I know it’s still on my super long list!) I couldn’t resist sharing with you what I love about it though, and why I just have to include it as my Friday Fave for this week!
Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer in Medium
I’ve been using a sample of Bye Bye Under Eye I received with a Beauty.com order a couple of months ago, and so far it is still going strong. With this product, not much is needed, and I will even admit I’ve had to train myself on how much to actually use (I even wasted quite a bit during the learning process!) I have been delaying the purchase of this product because I am very curious about what the shade Light would look like on my under eye area. While I find Medium to perfectly match my skin and it covers extremely well, I wonder if I should purchase one that might be a little more brightening under the eyes? Or would this look to harsh? Let me know if you have fair skin and if you have experimented with both shades and your thoughts!
What I like about this concealer:
- MOISTURIZING - Although I have oily skin (even under my eyes) I find this product lasts on my skin and still works. I can forgo moisturizing under my eye area when using this product, which is also nice. When first using Bye Bye Under Eye I felt the need to set it with a powder because it felt to “moisturizing” but after I learned not to use too much, and stopped putting an extra moisturizer under my eyes, I do not feel the need to set it anymore.
- FULL COVERAGE – I can almost get a color-correcting type coverage with this product. It covers the darker areas under my eyes perfectly, and because medium matches my face I can use it on blemishes or spots that are more dry without accentuating the dryness.
- LIGHT REFLECTING - At first I wasn’t quite sure if I liked the slightly “shiny” effect I got when looking in the mirror after application, but I’ve found when I use the correct amount (and do not over-apply) it looks great!
- NO LINES - This was also a bit of a learning curve for me – I found that when I used a brush to slightly blend it out under the eye, combined with being sure I do not over-apply, it does not settle into my lines.
- WATERPROOF – Once on my skin it doesn’t budge! Even when putting some on the back of my hand during application, I have to use a makeup remover to get it off (regular hand soap doesn’t work very easily!).
When I purchase a full size I will have a full review with before and after photos. If you have tried the light vs. the medium on your fair skin I would love to know what you experienced!