Is a five minute makeup routine possible? Yes, my dear it is! I routinely employ this “oh crap I am supposed to look head-to-toe presentable in 15 minutes” makeup routine on the regular. As long as my favorite beauty products are in the same spot, I can whip my face into something that is fresh and natural, and I still have 10 minutes to spare to try and figure out what to wear. The makeup is not perfect, doesn’t cover up all of my flaws but it feels and looks natural and overall it breathes a little life into me so I can get out the door.
First, for anyone wondering, yes this five minute makeup routine tutorial actually does take me 5 minutes (I’ve timed myself and I’ve even had 20 seconds to spare at times!). Second, by watching this video you have entered into a silent pact that you will not tell my husband I am capable of this…do we have a deal?! 😉
This makeup routine focuses on fresh-faced makeup in five minutes. I concentrate on treating and protecting the skin, evening out the tone, brightening and adding a bit of definition and color so I can get out the door. This makeup doesn’t cover up everything, and it’s far from flawless but hey, I’m not flawless – this is real life sister!
I realize that while I may be able to crank out a ‘no makeup makeup’ look everyone is different and has a different idea of what it takes to look fresh and put together so now I’ve got to know:
What are your makeup priorities when you’re rushing out the door? Please share in the comments below – I’d love to hear your out-the-door makeup routine!
- Paula’s choice CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
- IT Cosmetics CC+ SPF50+ in Light
- Sephora Collection Mineral Powder Brush #45
- Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Light Medium
- Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light
- Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8 Hour Blush in Score
- Bobbi Brown Blush Brush
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Minor Sin
- MAC Cosmetics Select Moisture Cover NW20
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Vanilla
- Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush (from the Real Techniques Starter Kit)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette – Naked2 in the crease, Venus on the lid, Foxy on the brow bone, Faint on the upper lashline.
- MAC 217 brush
- Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara (mini size)
- Senna Cosmetics Brow Fix in Golden Brown X
- Lips: Chanel Rouge Coco #49 Liaison
I showed a few more products in the video for those with different skin types and to give you other ideas. Here are the other products shown in video:
Dr. Jart+ BB Cream, Paula’s Choice Clear Ultra-Light Daily Mattifying Fluid SPF, Make Up For Ever Step1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer, FAB Ultra Repair Cream, Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème So Sofia, Charlotte Tilbury Coachella Coral, Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored in Pink Flamingo
Shop The Look
Like this post? Share it with a friend!
More on VanityRouge
It’s a Go For Lips with Zoya The Perfect LipstickJanuary 13, 2017
The Third Time is Pure Charm for the Zoya Naturel 3 Nail Polish and Lip Color CollectionJanuary 6, 2017
Oh That December Feeling – POPSUGAR Must Have BoxJanuary 5, 2017
Last-Minute Gifts from SEPHORA Collection Holiday 2016December 21, 2016
FTC Disclosure: Products featured on VanityRouge may be sent by the brand or PR for consideration as well as products purchased by VanityRouge. Shopping links in this post are provided for your convenience, and some links may be affiliate links. For more details on our product review policy and affiliate link information, please see our Terms & Conditions page.
Liked this post? Share it with friend!