dupeME: Chanel vs. Maybelline
It’s been awhile since my last DupeME! post, but today I’ve got a fun one for you – Maybelline vs. Chanel! This is exciting, since the products are quite far apart when looking at the price point. Plus, with products that are limited edition (looking at you Chanel!) it is even better because then you just might not have to purchase a backup version if you love it so much! Today’s dupe is quite similar and although not 100% I say it looks much the same on the cheeks so I like to use them interchangeably Here are some more photos and swatches for you. Be sure to let me know what you think!
• Both are cream blush formulas. • The performance is nearly identical, lasing equally as long on my cheeks and they even have a very similar vibrant color payoff. • The shade of coral itself is also similar. Chanel’s is slightly more red in the pan but once on the cheeks it is even more similar in color.
• Both are cream blush formulas.
• The performance is nearly identical, lasing equally as long on my cheeks and they even have a very similar vibrant color payoff.
• The shade of coral itself is also similar. Chanel’s is slightly more red in the pan but once on the cheeks it is even more similar in color.
• The packaging is obviously different with Chanel being in their signature pan while Maybelline’s version is in a twist-up stick.
• The next biggest difference is the price, as reflected above. Chanel’s runs you $38 while Maybelline is around $8!
• The formula itself is slightly different as well with Chanel’s being a little more dry feeling and actually not as easy to blend as the Maybelline (in my opinion).
• The finish of both blushes differ with Chanel’s being more of a flat finish and Maybelline giving the cheeks a little sheen.
• the verdict •
While the finishes are different, once blended out you get the same coral cheek. If you are not a fan of products with sheen on the cheeks you might like the Chanel one better, but if you are just going for color definitely pick up Maybelline’s version! The color is so similar to me that if they had the same finish it would be hard to tell which one was which! I find they perform equally as well on my cheeks and I actually do not mind the hint of sheen the Maybelline version gives my cheeks – it is very natural looking. Both last all day long on my skin as well. I do have separate reviews for these products, so be sure to check them out below!
Let me know what you think of this “dupe”! Which one would you choose?
Disclosure: This post contains products purchased by VanityRouge. This post contains affiliate links. For more details on our product review policy and affiliate link information, please see our Terms & Conditions page. Curious about how we rate products? Visit our Product Integrity/RougeRating page.
Copyright. The content in this post is protected by copyright. To view our Copyright and Permissions Policy, please view our Copyright Information page.
Liked this post? Share it with friend!